• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Icebraker

OpenGL Mirror with cube map

This topic is 3716 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm trying to model a completely reflective sphere in openGL. From what I've found on the internet and in other threads I need 6 framebuffer Objects which I render 6 views into. Then I want to create a cube map and use it to make the ball reflective. Does anybody know a tutorial which shows me how to do this in OpenGL (eg. which commands to use, not the theory). I only find small chunks of code which don't really tell me the required openGL commands needed to implement this. Thanks

Advertisement
I've never done a dynamic cube map myself, so I don't know the particulars, but it should be much more efficient to render each view to a different colour attachment of the same FBO, rather than six FBOs. Framebuffer swaps are expensive.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!