How to get rid of linker errors?

Started by
4 comments, last by mikeman 16 years ago
Hi everyone Whenever I compile an OpenGL project, it gives me some linker errors and I have to manually add a linker file (or whatever) to the project. Isn't there a way out? Can't all the files get automatically linked to my projects? I am using Dev C++ IDE. Thanks Mr V
Advertisement
Quote:
Can't all the files get automatically linked to my projects?

What all files? All files that exist in your harddrive?

If you want to use OpenGL, you have to link to OpenGL. I don't undrestand what you see so weird about that.
You can probably set up a new project type that comes with the libs already specified...
To be more specific, I always get a linker error in which all the functions in lglu32 library are unidentified. Until and unless I add the library -lglu32 in the linker section, the error does not go away.
Quote:Original post by kiwibonga
You can probably set up a new project type that comes with the libs already specified...

the alternative would just be to create a basic openGL app with fundimental functionality, then copy it and use it as a base for future applications.

Quote:Original post by Mr Virtual
To be more specific, I always get a linker error in which all the functions in lglu32 library are unidentified. Until and unless I add the library -lglu32 in the linker section, the error does not go away.

Yes, Mr Virtual, we know. Until you add the library, the linker does not know where to find these functions. Does that makes sense? What else can be done, have the linker search through your harddrive and the internet and link all the libraries it can find?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement