• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lycio

Server setup

This topic is 3743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, well I bought a server a while back and got it working. Now I had to reset the modem and both routers(will explain later) and now it doesn't work. So here's my setup in order: 1) comcast modem 2) linksys router 3) primary computers and second router 4) server linked from second router via crossover cable Ok, on to what i've done and tried so far. I have xampp installed and working on the server and the dns is set up (I think). Well, I have my first router (69.92.180.1) set to ssnd all port 80 queries to my second router(69.92.180.200), and I have the WAN connection set to static(69.92.180.220). From there I have the second router forward that query to my server(69.92.180.220). Also, here is how I have my internet connection on my server set up: IP: 69.92.180.220 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway: 69.92.180.200 DNS: 69.92.180.200(have also tried 69.92.180.220) Anyways, whenever I try to connect to the server by typing 69.92.180.220 it says it can't connect to the server. Anyways, all help is appreciated and thanks to all that post. [Edited by - lycio on April 20, 2008 2:34:04 PM]

Advertisement
I did not do that yet, i'll try that as soon as I get back. Also, what would I ping anyways(sorry, kind of new to servers)?

You would just try to ping your server 69.92.180.220 from a computer on the first router. If you can't ping it you have a routing issue, or a firewall blocking (I would make sure to disable any firewalls on server before trying to ping it, unless you know how to configure them. )

A big question is why are you trying to go through two routers? Also are these IP addresses real static IP's from your ISP? 69.x.x.x is not normally a private ip address used on LANS and in natting.

No, this is not a static IP provided by my ISP, so I have the second router setup as being static. As soon as I re-install the server software (DNS issues) i'll try and ping it and see what happens. In the mean-time, if you could suggest a better setup (since it sounds like I don't need two routers), please post them. Thanks for the help.

P.S. This server is mostly not going to be for LAN use, i'm just trying to test it from a home computer.

This topic is 3743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.