What virtual instrument packs do you like to use?

Started by
10 comments, last by Chrono1081 15 years, 12 months ago
My logic pro is sitting at my house *bites nails in anticipation* and I want to buy some virtual instrument packs of decent quality and I was wondering what everyone here likes to use? Also does anyone know of one that has a digeradoo in it?
Advertisement
I love the East West packages, but also have used Komplete in the past with some great results.

It really depends on what you're wanting to use them for and your own personal style.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I just use East West Symphonic Orchestra Silver Edition *deep breath* for final recordings, and the Garritan Pocket Orchestra while testing stuff in that vein, as it only sounds a tiny bit worse and is far less resource intensive.

I also use Drumkits From Hell Superior for, well, drums.

I'd love to find some good Celtic VST instruments or SoundFonts, for things like low whistles and bodhrans, but I wouldn't use them enough to justify paying a lot of money for them.
I am also big fan of the East West products. Good quality for a fair price. Take a look at www.soundsonline.com

They have a 20th anniversary sale as well (couple of days left) where you can get 2 equal priced products for the price of 1. You will find that info on their site and as well some good demo's.
They have a library called RA and that has a digeradoo (and that is just one fantastic library with a lot of instruments from Asia, middle east etc)

Composer and Sound Designer

http://www.jaapvisser.com

Thank you guys for the replies :) I had no idea what "brands" to look for so when I get home I will be checking out EastWest. (I too would LOVE celtic instruments so if anyone knows of any packs please post :)

Omg that RA has a hardanger fiddle! (Im getting one of these soon :) )
Ooops I forgot I ordered logic express cause the student book store didnt have (and didnt plan on getting) logic pro.

Will these EastWest packages work with Logic Express? I didnt see much info on their site. (Sorry Im new to all of this)
They should run just fine as long as you have the needed CPU power and RAM. I don't think Logic or Logic Express really makes that much difference. Have fun!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Whats this Kontakt 2.2 it talks about needing? I looked it up but I am not really sure what it does. (It does run $500ish dollars though :/)

If I have logic express would I still need Kontakt? Im on a Intel mac
The RA library has some Celtic instruments. A list with all the instruments in this library you can find here: List with instruments from the RA library
Click on instruments to see the full list. I thought it would direct you straight away to that, but you have to do that manually :P

You don't need Kontakt if you go for East West products. The East west products come with Kompakt (or Play if you buy one of the new ones) and this is Kontakt like sampler. Kontakt offers a bit more tweaking options, but I think for the beginning Kompakt should do it.

Composer and Sound Designer

http://www.jaapvisser.com

Oh wow these all look (and sound) great! I have some I picked out already and will probably get on payday. I liked "Voices of Passion", "Symphonic Choirs", "Ra" but then I saw a bundle pack which may have most of what I need called "Goliath". Ill have to read more about them and decide.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement