Web based MMORPG: After Doomsday, Warning : ADDICTIVE!!!

Started by
3 comments, last by Jedimace 15 years, 12 months ago
The technical aspect: I worked for 6 months every night with my friend on a web based MMORPG, php+mysql were the technologies used... Everything built from the ground up. We have passed the 500 players mark in 10 days! Now the description: This is an immersive, futuristic society simulator placing you in the boots of a disaster survivor! You control your choice of character in a battle for supremacy against thousands of other blood-thirsty survivalists. Only your wits, teamwork, and your choice of actions, for good or ill, will help you become a hall of fame player and king among fellow survivors. Lots of post-apocalyptic fun ! check it out http://www.afterdoomsday.com
Advertisement
I would like to see screenshot's of game play. not just of game menu, and "dashboard"; Thats just me though. I like to see if things are worth registering for before I toss my e mail around. Even one little simple screenshot could attract more users.
The Few.. The Proud.. The Marines..
I was lost as can be. Maybe it's my inexperience with mmorpg, but I didn't know what to do. It seemed to assume I was experienced at playing these types of games. I have found that to be a constant assumption in more than one game. No offense. Just my experience. Handholding and good tutorials are a must in my opinion. If there was one I didn't see it. Does no one remember the Age of Empires II tutorial? that was great.

I like the icons and the interface was nice. Clean and easy to read. I just didn't know what to do. I was disappointed in the some of the scantily clad manga females in the admin avatar. That was enough to keep me from spending too much time on it. Again, just being honest from my perspective.
I tried out the game and it's pretty fun. It's a good way to kill a few minutes every half hour. It only took me about 5 or 10 minutes of testing out all of the links to see what they do. It's not addicting in such a way that you'll be on the AD website 24/7 (unless I'm missing something?) but it is addicting in that you'll want to check back every 20 minutes to do more stuff.

I especially like the interface. It's clean and works well.
If i get addicted, I'm blaming you! Lol. Hmmm.... I got some suggestions. First of all, the little box with the letters in it is too hard to read, i had to try a few times before I got it. Am I human? Lol. After i registered it asked me that... Other than that text picture, it is great.
-Jedimace1My company siteEmber StudiosAlmost Done

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement