Sign in to follow this  
Subotron

[.net] CompileAssemblyFromFile: Load scripts from non-working directory

Subotron    182
I'm implementing C# scripting in my framework, and it all works fine, but I have one problem I'm unable to solve: In my LoadScript( string fileName ) function, I execute this line of code: CompilerResults results = codeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromFile( parameters, fileName ); parameters looks like this: CompilerParameters parameters = new CompilerParameters(); parameters.GenerateExecutable = false; parameters.GenerateInMemory = true; parameters.IncludeDebugInformation = false; parameters.TreatWarningsAsErrors = false; parameters.ReferencedAssemblies.Add( "System.dll" ); parameters.ReferencedAssemblies.Add( "System.Windows.Forms.dll" ); It works fine if fileName points to a file in the current (working) directory, so "Myscript.cs" works fine. However, when I point to a script in another directory, things get messed up. If the script is located in /Bin/Scripts (Bin being the working dir), I cannot seem to call the script. fileName = "Myscript.cs" results in an IO.FileNotFound exception (doh) fileName = "Scripts/Myscript.cs" does not generate this exception, but instead the results indicate 1 error in the script, which is (translated to English) "error CS1504: Source file 'blablabla\Bin\Myscript.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the specified file. ')} object {System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerError}" So now suddenly it appears the compiler is looking for the script inside the working directory, even though I specified a different file name which didn't generate a IO.FileNotFound exception. I can't find out why this is happening, nor have I been able to find a solution using Google and such. Anyone have a clue why this is happening and how I fix it?

Subotron    182
To add: It works fine if I place Myscript.cs in both /Bin and /Bin/Scripts, but this is obviously not something I want to do.

Metty    122
a) Try using Absolute Path's (Path.GetAbsolutePath or sth like that)
b) Change the working directory temporarily? (Environment.CurrentDirectory = ... or sth like that)