My Blog

Started by
2 comments, last by aleisterbukowski 15 years, 12 months ago
Hello, I've decided to create a blog, and yes I've started it in the past, but I've decided to maintain this one and keep people posted on what new games, applications I have for open source as a permanent address for building my portfolio up; however, I had a few questions for the programmers who have probably already started this, and was trying to get the tips needed to make my portfolio shine. I'm simply just asking for advice. Like what articles that I write should I post, and what should I just avoid not even posting. What source code, downloadable applications/games should I post and of course avoid as well? For instance I have Pong, Breakout, Mastermind games all completed, but come on how many people have already done this games? I have a tutorial on SDL, Allegro, DirectX, but then I ask again what hasn't been done before? What could I post to get recognition? Yes! That is the question... One last question... If I decide to post many applications, source code and articles should they be separate blog entries, or would that just be redundant? I'm just trying to build my portfolio up, and decided to research and code with the latest API's, Libraries that are out there. And if you know of any web rings, communities that I should start associating myself to please help me OUT! Thanks,
Advertisement
no feed?

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Well, all i seemed to have learned from your blog was "I'm just trying to build my portfolio up". I know your starting out and looking for advice. But a blog with content added already would be easier to give advice and tips. Right now its pretty much blank. I would put whatever you want about game design, programming, etc; you don't always have to follow what worked or failed for others, cause you may have success where others have failed.
The Few.. The Proud.. The Marines..
Thanks, I'll start posting stuff up tomorrow. I'm tired tonight.

I'll post Mandelbrot set, some games, tutorials, and current projects

Thanks again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement