• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tecknoize

Trimetric camera orientation?

This topic is 3716 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys, I'm currently programming a game that has a trimetric projection. I've figured out the view-projection matrix by measuring the angle between each axis in our artwork (created by our designer) and then computing 3 axis vector out of that. So basically, I have a 3D world, I apply this matrix to every vertices/points and voila, I get the right position on screen. Now, I need to do some depth sorting. So I thought I could separated this view-projection matrix into two matrices, and at the time I apply the view matrix, I could sort everything using the "Z" axis (since every points has been transformed into camera-space, the "Z" axis is along which the camera is looking at). However, I can't find the right orientation of the camera. In fact, I don't really know how to find that, and that's why I need your help. Oh, and by the way, if this depth sorting solution is completely dumb, please say so :) Thanks!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!