DirectX 10 programming

Started by
9 comments, last by XVincentX 15 years, 11 months ago
After programming for DirectX9 for several years, with the last year being heavily concentrated on shaders I have decided to start trying to programming DX10 (most notably for SM4). Could anyone name any good resources (or books) for DirectX10 programming? If anyone knows any geometry shader tutorials, that would be great also.
Advertisement
Beginning DirectX10 seems to be a good book, you should try it.
For geometry shader tutorial, i just wrote one a month ago, but it's in italian. You can try to read or translate it, here is the link
http://xvincentx.netsons.org/programBlog/wp-content/tutorial-pratico-coi-geometry-shaders.pdf
Quote:Beginning DirectX10 seems to be a good book, you should try it.

That is an introductory book. If you have several years of experience with DX 9, including shaders, the book will be useless to you. You are better off using the tutorials in the SDK.
My problem with the SDK tutorials is DXUT, I am not a very big fan of it. I am sure for understanding the shaders I will learn more from that then anything. However, I would like to learn how to set up DX10 properly.
But the tutorials don't use DXUT... (except for the ones that cover it, obviously)

Have you read my tutorial?
Quote:Original post by XVincentX
Beginning DirectX10 seems to be a good book, you should try it.
For geometry shader tutorial, i just wrote one a month ago, but it's in italian. You can try to read or translate it, here is the link
http://xvincentx.netsons.org/programBlog/wp-content/tutorial-pratico-coi-geometry-shaders.pdf

Yeah, that's right. I read it all it tells you everything, but i admit as a beginner it was hard, and if you have experience in DX9, it should feel right. It isn't very good for beginners, but if you have prior experience it is great, and it does have geometry shaders too.
-Jedimace1My company siteEmber StudiosAlmost Done
I speak of the book, of course.
-Jedimace1My company siteEmber StudiosAlmost Done
Quote:Original post by Jedimace
I speak of the book, of course.

:(
Quote:Original post by XVincentX
Have you read my tutorial?

How could I translate the tutorial into English?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement