help plzz

Started by
12 comments, last by aevanthony 15 years, 11 months ago
hi guyz i am a complete beginer to opengl.... i am trying to make a porject in it...biut facing lot pf prblms.... i am nt able to laod more than 1 model i am totaly confused with these translation matrixes n all i tried to use glpush matirix and popmatrix...bt no use can u guyz tell me how i should load anther model....
Advertisement
You'll need to provide a lot more information than that (including source code) if you expect to get any help.
You should check out the OpenGL Red Book, which is free online at the OpenGL website. It explains some of the basics of the graphics pipeline that will help you understand those 'confusing' translation matrices and whatnot. It is critical that you possess the requisite fundamental knowledge before you go on to more complex 3D stuff, or you will only get yourself spun around and confused.

If you'd rather buy Real Books, I recommend a few good ones on the subject.
i have loaded a model...when i create antherr object of it and translate it
model doesnt seem to appear in the scene??what should i do?
If you don't understand anything about OpenGL the last thing you should be do is loading models.
Start at the beginning, don't dive into the hard stuff without knowing the basics.
____________________________Bjarni Arnasonbjarni.us
i agree with u...but i have to complete project in a week and i dnt have much time
Then you better start reading up on the material, hm?

You're probably translating the model off the screen. Translate by less.

It's flawed thinking to think you can skip the fundamentals because you have to finish your project in a week. If you take some time to learn them, you'll probably be able to produce something and just barely scrape by.

If you don't, you'll produce something terribly awkward and clumsy, and probably won't finish on time.
I also recommend that you look at the Red Book, especially this chapter.
thanxz guyz for help...i am reading this chapter-viewing transformations frm
red book..hopefully it would clear my doubts...otherwise i would put my query here
and hey ya can anyone provide me a gud link of source codes apart frm nehe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenGL is a good start... there's some very basic examples to get you going along with an overview of the entire mess you're *trying to dive in to.

http://www.videotutorialsrock.com/

Wow! I just came across this, I haven't really looked at it so i can't speak for how good it actually is... but... you might find these tutorials intuitive since they're streaming video. I guess that'll make it easier to get in to at least...

Good luck.

[Edited by - aevanthony on April 23, 2008 2:52:44 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement