• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spraff

[web] Mixing left- and right-align on one line.

This topic is 3712 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello. I have inline elements in a paragraph p tag. I want the first of them to be left-aligned as normal and the rest to be right-aligned. I was hoping something like this would work <p>left left elft <span style="text-align:right">right right right</span></p> But that doesn't work, even giving the p a style of "width:100%" and the span "margin-left:auto;float:right" and other fiddling doesn't seem to help. At the moment all I can do that works is <p style="float:left">left left left</p><p style="float:right">right right right</p> The trouble now is the next block element flows up and underneath the two <p>s! I'm running out of ideas. Help!

Advertisement
To float an element, you must specify a width for that element. Otherwise, display will be random on the various browsers (it's already hard to get cross-browser displays with conforming code).

I would suggest:

<p style="float:left;    text-align:left;    width:50%">Left</p>
<p style="float:right; text-align:right; width:50%">Right</p>
<p style="clear:both">Below</p>

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!