Fierce Melee: I need sprite animators

Started by
2 comments, last by zuloon 15 years, 12 months ago
Hello, I'm new in this forum. You can call me Max if my name is too long. I'm working on a game that is based on Super Smash Bros, its name is Fierce Melee. I'm not making it for money and it will be freely distributed on the internet. I'm just doing it for fun. I have programmed most of the game (The hardest part) but now I have to start adding characters. Right now the total number of characters is yet to be determined, so I'll need a number of artists to help out. I don't have enough artists to make more than a character in a month, so like this my game will take years to finish. Each character will have a maximum of 24 animations(This might change, but it doesn't seem like it will at the moment). The game will be in English and Spanish, a lot of the game isn't decided yet but I'm working on it. My current team is not very good. You can see how the game will be played here in this demo version I have: http://smash.maximo.prophp.org/smash.php If you are interested in helping me I'd like to ask you to join my forum, where we discuss all the details of the game: http://smash.maximo.prophp.org/foro/phpBB3/index.php I'm sorry for all the ads my page has, but my server isn't very good. I hope some of you can help me finish this game.
Advertisement
The fact you have a playable demo will go a long way in helping you find an artist. Gamedev.net isn't populated by alot of artists (let alone ones that would work for free), so you may want to check out Pixeljoint.
Quote:Original post by Gyrthok
The fact you have a playable demo will go a long way in helping you find an artist. Gamedev.net isn't populated by alot of artists (let alone ones that would work for free), so you may want to check out Pixeljoint.

Thanks for the link, I have high hopes for this game. I know almost nothing about professional game developing (I just make games for my own interest), but I think that some pixel artists would work for free if they were working for a game that was good enough.
I applaud your efforts in seeking out artists, the game will be much more enjoyable with better graphics.

However, I also think that if the character was less sluggish, the game would be, overall, much less frustrating to play than it is currently.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement