Sign in to follow this  
BrianH

DrawGo.com launched!

Hey Everyone, I am a long time GameDev'r but this is my first announcement. Its not game related but an achievement nonetheless. DrawGo.com basically lets you draw pictures (hey, it could be sprites for a game!) and then lets you link-to or email them. Heck, you can even buy your drawing on a T-shirt!. Check out the press release below or GO DRAW! Technically speaking, the site is built with HTML and javascript and makes Ajax calls to an ASP backend. If you have any questions feel free to ask! - Brian 4/23/2008 - DrawGo.com Launches! DrawGo.com, the incredibly easy and fun drawing website, is now available to everyone to enjoy! Draw The name DrawGo says it all. Quickly draw whats on your mind and then go and share it with anyone you want!. Share with friends Once your drawing is complete, DrawGo.com makes it easy to share your creation with your friends and family. Simply copy the pregenerated link or HTML and paste it into your favorite social networking site or include it in your website. Email to anyone DrawGo.com also lets you easily email your picture to anyone you want. Just enter your email, their email and a brief message then click 'Send'. Easy as that! Get a shirt Want to show off your drawing to everyone around? Easy. In one click your can customize and purchase a T-shirt with your drawing on it from Zazzle. Now Go Draw!

Yey for doodling:

I forgot to mention in your blog that you should also generate img tags wrapped in anchor tags that links back to your site - or do you consider that too self-serving? I usually rip them out anyways, but mainly only when I take funny images off those MySpace image sites.

Drew, thanks for your suggestion about linking the images. It was something I tossed around a while ago when I did most of the work on the site. When I think about it now, I dont see any reason not to have it that way :)

Also, since announcing the site I added a gallery feature because I found that it is a lot of fun to look at all the things people create. However, I personally approve/reject each image that gets submitted because a few of the images were a bit vulgar :P Shame on you GameDev'rs!!

Thanks all for taking the time to check out the site.

-Brian

Hello again and thanks to all who have taken a look at DrawGo.com.

I made a few updates to the site today.

1. I added a "recenter" feature to the drawing page. Often I would be frustrated after drawing something nice because I happened to draw it off-center. Well, now you can just click the "recenter" button and viola, its centered. Soon I will add more "Move" type tools.

2. I re-enabled the E-Mail feature that allows you to E-Mail your picture to anyone you want. This feature was previously disabled due to some security concerns but I have implemented a confirmation E-Mail system that should address them.

Thats all for now!

Sign in to follow this