Sign in to follow this  
trmiller

The rival ice cream gang(screen shots!)

Hello, I am new to game development and this is my second project so please go easy on it(also note that I am a horrible 3d modeler). In this game you play an ice cream salesman driving around in his truck selling ice cream to the children in the neighborhood. As you drive around the neighborhood you can stop next to children and sell them icecream. But there is one problem. In your neighborhood there is another ice cream salesman, who is leader of the rival ice cream gang. When ever you pass him he will attempt to destroy your ice cream truck. But you can fight back, overall the goal is to stay alive for as long as possible and sell as much ice cream as possible, but also try to destroy the rival ice cream gangs ice cream truck. anyway, here are some screen shots:(This is after about 1 and a half hours of modeling) The neighborhood(the screen shot shows about half of it) Photobucket Your ice cream truck: Photobucket The rival ice cream truck: Photobucket All comments are welcome!

Here is an updated screen shot of the neighborhood. I added more of the houses. My goal is to finish the 3d modeling today and start coding tomorrow. I just have to re-texture the trucks, then make the 3d model I am going to use for the kids(plus I have to finish the neighborhood) but i think i can do it all today.

Anyway here is the screenshot:
Photobucket

No, I did not make the models in sketch up, I created them in wings 3ds, the only reason I textured them in sketchup was because the white turned out gray in wings 3d, but now I am texturing and modeling in wings 3d.

Thank you for all the comments everyone. I would just like to inform you that tomorrow morning I will begin coding it. Also please note that from Saturday(April 26th) onwards I will not be posting updates as I will be on vacation, but I will continue working on it and show you some screen shots when I get back!