What scripting language use in a very simply and small 2D game?

Started by
12 comments, last by riruilo 15 years, 11 months ago

Probably the first consideration would be which has the easier 2D graphical libraries to use (you could probably find examples of most of the operations you need to have done for the game).
--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact
Advertisement
Pick the one with the most documentation and best community.
Scripting languages are programming languages. You can try to make it easier for a non-programmer by defining a lot of functions ahead of time so he can just call them in a serial fashion. A more accessible approach is a data-driven "Properties" dialog where the user can chain together triggers/events.
Quote:Original post by Hollower
Scripting languages are programming languages. You can try to make it easier for a non-programmer by defining a lot of functions ahead of time so he can just call them in a serial fashion. A more accessible approach is a data-driven "Properties" dialog where the user can chain together triggers/events.

That's my idea, because my game designer is not a programmer, just a modeler, so I need the easiest language.

Thanks.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement