Interested in Virtual World design discussions?

Started by
2 comments, last by Jamaludin 15 years, 11 months ago
a newly opened site called vwtheory.com specializes in Virtual World discussion, which makes sure that VW concepts and "standard" MMOG concepts (as those found in the EQ/WoW school) are not mixed into the pot, derailing discussions. The people are experienced design forum posters, that can (hopefully!) provide some qualified feedback on whatever you want to discuss. Maybe you want to toss some ideas around for some innovative design ideas? Check us out at: www.vwtheory.com It is possible to discuss the EQ/WoW designs as well on a seperate board, if you want.
Quote:CalvinI am only polite because I don't know enough foul languageQuote:Original post by superpigI think the reason your rating has dropped so much, Mercenarey, is that you come across as an arrogant asshole.
Advertisement
Yes I am! I already peeked at your board and it had some interesting discussions, am currently peeking inside the old Horizons Design Docs, very very nifty!

But to keep things concentrated and local I would rather see Gamedev.net put up a special sub forum for this topic. But imo the boards are a little bit quiet these days.
The vwtheory site was opened just last week and we first began making ppl aware of it a few days ago, so it still very new.

Discussions over there will be a bit more focused than here, where it is all kinds of game design being discussed.

To get a few of you guys over there would be great, since you have a very good grasp on implementation, so you can keep the discussions grounded (after all, most ppl here are programmers at some level or another).
Quote:CalvinI am only polite because I don't know enough foul languageQuote:Original post by superpigI think the reason your rating has dropped so much, Mercenarey, is that you come across as an arrogant asshole.
You have a point there I have registered with the alias Wasmetjou?!, so I hope more gamedev people will follow. Lets cross our fingers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement