Beginning OpenGL

Started by
8 comments, last by Jedimace 15 years, 11 months ago
Ok, I have found a bunch of sites on the internet for OpenGL, but they are all download-the-source-and-look-through-code-with-comments tutorials, except for OpenGL and a few other minority ones. Does anyone have a good, understandable site to learn OpenGL at, other then videotutorialsrock.com. They can be text or video tutorials i don't care, just not video tutorials rock or source code ones. Yes, i have googled for long times.
-Jedimace1My company siteEmber StudiosAlmost Done
Advertisement
The Red Book, freely available.

Outdated and not very beginner friendly, but it is the ultimate resource. Chapter 3 in particular is pure gold and is required reading.
Why not buy a good book?
I personally suggest "OpenGL SuperBible - 4th Edition" (Wright & Lipchak).
It is a really good book that starts from the very beginning trough advanced arguments like shaders. It is worth the money it costs (and maybe you can find is as an eBook ;-) )

I hope this can help
Bye and Thanks!SiS.Professional Software Developer.
What does OpenGL stand for?
Oh, and thank you, both, i will look into both!
Quote:Original post by Jedimace

Open Graphics Library.

Buy the latest version of the red book (for OpenGL 2.1) and maybe the orange book as well and you will have just about all the documentation you need for getting started with OpenGL and GLSL.

Quote:Original post by Jedimace

well, I guess 'Open Graphics Library'
Not sure but it does fit in the letters :P
lol ty
have a look at my website.
Thank you all, i could always use help! I'll actually probably buy that DVD! And i'll probably get all the books you guys said too! I need all the reference i can get.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement