using reimp for mingw

Started by
5 comments, last by EdR 15 years, 11 months ago
I don't understand how to input the commands to convert the .lib to an .a file. I've actually read a few tutorials on using it, but I just don't understand how to input the commands.
Advertisement
Basically I need to know is how to do the -c <file location> thing, or the syntax for telling reimp to convert a file.
It's run from the command line. You can open a command prompt by going to Start -> Run and typing "cmd" then hitting enter. Then you can navigate to your project's directory via the "cd" commands and execute the reimp command; it looks like it's little more than "reimp filename.dll" but you can typically run these sorts of things without arguments to a get a usage/help message that explains how to use the program. Try that.
I checked the functions but I don't know how to use them. I don't understand the syntax...like c:\directory\reimp.exe -c dxguid.dll

I can't get it to work.
Quote:Original post by jpetrie
It's run from the command line. You can open a command prompt by going to Start -> Run and typing "cmd" then hitting enter. Then you can navigate to your project's directory via the "cd" commands and execute the reimp command; it looks like it's little more than "reimp filename.dll" but you can typically run these sorts of things without arguments to a get a usage/help message that explains how to use the program. Try that.

Actually it really is as simple as "reimp filename.lib", provided that the directory reimp.exe resides in is listed on the PATH environment variable and the command is given in the folder containing filename.lib.

Here is the output of reimp without any arguments:

Quote:
$ reimp
Usage: c:\MinGW\bin\reimp.exe [options] IMPLIB
-s, --dump-symbols dump symbols to stdout
-d, --only-def only create .def files
-c, --keep-case keep case in lib*.a file names
--dlltool <name> use <name> for dlltool
--as <name> use <name> for assembler

Sorry but the idea of someone in a development forum not knowing how to use the CLI really baffles me [tears], am I the only one?.
Quote:Original post by Kwizatz
Quote:Original post by jpetrie

Actually it really is as simple as "reimp filename.lib", provided that the directory reimp.exe resides in is listed on the PATH environment variable and the command is given in the folder containing filename.lib.

Here is the output of reimp without any arguments:

Quote:
$ reimp
Usage: c:\MinGW\bin\reimp.exe [options] IMPLIB
-s, --dump-symbols dump symbols to stdout
-d, --only-def only create .def files
-c, --keep-case keep case in lib*.a file names
--dlltool <name> use <name> for dlltool
--as <name> use <name> for assembler

Sorry but the idea of someone in a development forum not knowing how to use the CLI really baffles me [tears], am I the only one?.

Problem is, I type in the executables directory, and it sends me right back to my main c:\documents and settings\owner and if I run the executable file directly it just closes really fast. I didn't have these problems before win xp
Quote:
Problem is, I type in the executables directory, and it sends me right back to my main c:\documents and settings\owner and if I run the executable file directly it just closes really fast. I didn't have these problems before win xp
Add it to your path. Link
http://edropple.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement