New Composition Contest (Results are IN!!!)

Started by
95 comments, last by Music Composer 15 years, 8 months ago
Would be up for this, assuming I'd remember...would you post a sticky regarding the contest (and remove the old one?)

EDIT: Just realised you are gathering people to judge it, I meant I would be interested in submitting an entry
Advertisement
Actually, I'm doing a bit of both: gathering a panel and seeing how many folks would want to take part.

I'll add you to the list! :)

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

If I can find the time, I'd love to get in on this.
---------------Full Time Musician: Staggerin' Monks
Speaking of time- I'm thinking about making the contest last about a month. I know that might be quite a bit time than some would need, but others are quite busy and anything less might knock them out from being about to take part. Thoughts?

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

i dunno about a month. if people are too busy, they shouldnt enter. i can understand where they come from but, i think the most challenging and fun part of a competition is rushing to make the deadline. edit: oh, and another reason- i just assumed the contest would be for those who have nothing better to do and to practice our trade. so thats why i said those who are too busy shouldnt sign up. but i have time on my side. thats why i was so excited. lol. either way is fine. cant wait!
ever since i was 5, i have always loved the marriage between image and music.
If you have the free time, and it does last a month, then you could use the time to fully refine and polish your entry.
---------------Full Time Musician: Staggerin' Monks
Quote:Original post by CitizenJames
i dunno about a month. if people are too busy, they shouldnt enter. i can understand where they come from but, i think the most challenging and fun part of a competition is rushing to make the deadline. edit: oh, and another reason- i just assumed the contest would be for those who have nothing better to do and to practice our trade. so thats why i said those who are too busy shouldnt sign up. but i have time on my side. thats why i was so excited. lol. either way is fine. cant wait!

Well, not everyone who is working is working in the industry.

There are, believe it or not, people who work full time jobs while still trying to hone their craft.
- [email=dan@musicianeer.com]Dan Reynolds[/email] (Composer|Music Implementer)
www.musicianeer.com
Thats true. i guess im just excited. lol didnt know if i could wait that long for results. but i do understand so, whatever the length, im still entering.
ever since i was 5, i have always loved the marriage between image and music.
Sounds interesting. I guess I'll join too :)
I just hope I can compete, but we'll have to see about that. ^^
Okay, I've picked the panel and am possibly looking for one more judge (to keep the number an odd one in case of any ties). So far it is a GREAT panel! I think you'll all be very excited! I'm also looking for a video clip to score to. Since this is a game development site- I wanted to use a video game clip and had the perfect one in mind: the Chrono Cross intro. I liked the length and the variations in pacing and mood, but Square-Enix didn't approve us using it. So, I'm going to be looking for other clips that are hopefully open to non-commercial use.

This is where you all could help me out some. Send me links to video clips that you think might work. Keep in mind, if it is from a video game then it might be hard for us to get the green light. I really feel like scoring to a video is what will help give each contestant a good combination of freedom and common ground which will help in the judging process.

More to come.

Thanks,

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement