New Composition Contest (Results are IN!!!)

Started by
95 comments, last by Music Composer 15 years, 8 months ago
Id love to participate, though I am very inexperienced. Id need longer than a couple weeks and would hope to see a one month deadline.

Perhaps as a prize the staff could offer a free membership? (maybe a month for third, quarter for second, and full year for first?)
Advertisement
I have found a potential clip that may work for this contest and the creator seems willing to help us out. I'll finalize the deal and then announce all of the details for this contest. Stay tuned!

Thanks!

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

if we cant get a video, we can always work with a storyboard.
ever since i was 5, i have always loved the marriage between image and music.
Could we also do compositions not scored to video or a storyboard?
I think it would be best to have everyone score to one video. This will keep things more unified and give every contestant the same basic framework to work with. Allowing complete and utter freedom would make it harder to judge and compare piece to piece. Also since we want to give everyone the same amount of time, making someone score to a video helps keep the song creation period exact since it can be hard to prove when someone wrote a piece.

I would be happy to hear other compositions for just the sake of listening and giving feedback, but to be considered for any of the prizes- it would be best to keep everyone on the same page. After all, there is enough freedom already when you consider any and all samples and programs and music styles are allowed.

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Count me in.

I am very busy for the next 7 weeks with exams though so it will be far from my best work but, hey, I will give it a shot none the less.
Sean GilleeceIrish based ComposerSamples of Work
About the briefing? how's gonna be? With type of composition?
--Mr.Jingo - Sound and music Studio// Sales DirectorFortaleza/Ce - BrazilMsn: rafamsilva@gmail.com
Has the video been finalised yet?
I'm in the process of talking with the film's creator. It is going well and I think we should be able to start the contest soon. I'll keep all of you updated and announce a formal starting date and ending date, the video to be used (and where to download it from) and the panel that has been assembled.

Sorry for the delay- these kinds of things take a while to coordinate and get rolling- but rest assured I am working on it.

Stay tuned!

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Good to hear!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement