havok havok havok havok

Started by
3 comments, last by twelvenine 15 years, 11 months ago
anybody know when the free havok stuff is going to be released? or where to get it when it is? the press release says may 2008, but it's been 5 days and i'm itching to get my mits on it. i'm also looking for reading information and tutorials that might be useful to read over while i'm waiting... haven't found anything good on google, probably because havok has been mostly for industry elites so far.
Advertisement
I'm pretty sure it's this one?
http://www.havok.com/component/option,com_mosforms/mosform,2/Itemid,71/

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Jack
no, i think that's just an evaluation version. they're supposed to start giving out the whole package for free non-commercial use.
Haven't heard anything about it in while. It'll be nice to have more free options for physics on the PC, but it's going to get hard to decide which one to use pretty soon! I've been using PhysX for a while as it was (IMO) by far the best free option available, but I don't know whether Havok will put it to shame. Plus things will be getting even more interesting when Nvidia gets PhysX running on CUDA.
apparently it's more than just physics, they're giving out "havok complete" which seem to be all of their products... the physics are the most interesting though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement