FVF Question

Started by
2 comments, last by Evil Steve 15 years, 11 months ago
Hello.. erm.. i have a question.. heard that FVF is quite obsolete... is it true? if it is... then what should i use instead? *i'm a n00b at directx right now.. would it be better to learn fvf right now, while i'm learning directx, cos i don't seem to find any tutorials that don't use fvf...
Einstein once said that only the universe and human stupidity are infinite. He wasn't too sure about the universe though...
Advertisement
Your pd3dDevice pointer is null, probably because CreateDevice() is failing because your card doesn't support something the tutorial assumes. What do the Debug runtimes tell you?
nevermind... found out why...
:D
the initfvf function was called before the initd3d function.. and it must have generated some kind of memory fault or sth... anyways... so that i wouldn't open another thread i remade this one :D
Einstein once said that only the universe and human stupidity are infinite. He wasn't too sure about the universe though...
FVF codes don't exist in D3D10, and they don't really play well with shaders either. The best thing to do is to use Vertex Declarations instead. A lot of the SDK samples have usage examples of these.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement