[web] Game Company Web?

Started by
1 comment, last by acidwillburnyou 15 years, 11 months ago
It is better to use a Dreamweaver8 or Joomla for my Game company? Any advice would be greats Thanks Regard, Angelicgodz
Advertisement
I think it depends on what content, how you want people to access it, how advance you want it, database or not, that simply asking yourself Dreamweaver8 or Joomla.

For management alone, or are you going to create your entire website with the application. I haven't heard of Joomla before, but quick glance I saw open source, so I would go open source over Adobe any day.

But seriously depending on what you want to do with your site you might need to use

Flash, Flex, Silverlight, SQL, Linqs, who knows.

What content will be on your website, how do you want people to access it, who's hosting it, what service does your host provide, what do they not provide.

Quote:I haven't heard of Joomla before, but quick glance I saw open source, so I would go open source over Adobe any day.

But seriously depending on what you want to do with your site you might need to use

Flash, Flex, Silverlight, SQL, Linqs, who knows.

*facepalm*

I can understand the OP not making much sense, but please: if you're going to reply, know what you're talking about.

I'm ASSUMING the OP means to ask if using a content manager with a premade theme is better than coding an html layout by hand and adding content in flat file (unfortunately synonymous with using Dreamweaver these days I guess).

Since you're asking this question, I'd suggest using a CMS. However, Joomla is a pile of crap... just like all the other php CMS's available for free. If you can spare a few bucks, check out Expression Engine by Ellis Labs. Easily the best product currently available. You can check out a list of its features here.

For free solutions, there's always CMS Made Simple and Drupal

Cheers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement