Sign in to follow this  
daviddiligent

different behaviour between debug & release

Hi guys. I have this different performance when i was trying to run my debugged .exe file and my released .exe file. The debugged .exe was running fine at everywhere. The released .exe file was running fine when i was running it in the visual studio by pressing F5. But when i copied the released .exe file to another directory where i had all my pictures and sounds. The debugged .exe file was running fine. But the released .exe file was running just OK. All the game logic and sound effect are fine. But my plane lost its smoking effect, when my host plane was hit. Thanks in advance by any opinions or suggestions.

With most debuggers you can attach the debugger to a running process. If your debugger supports debugging release builds, start your application and your debugger and attach the debugger to the program while it's running and before your smoke effect kicks in.

Thanks for your guys reply.

The strange thing is that my release code worked under the Visual Studio when I pressed F5 ( means run, of course here I chose release mode ).

But when I copy the release code with my game pictures and sounds to another directory. It didn't work. Only the smoking effect for the host was gone, but the smoking effect for the enemy was still working fine. They both use one picture by the way.