Sign in to follow this  
peterCubed

mulitperson real time strategy game help

Hello this is my first post to this site. I have been researching ai for a multi-person strategy game. It's basically a 4 way chess game. Now I am trying to figure out how to program the computer ai. I don't think that the "min", "max" tree would work because it's multi person. Any suggestions would be great!

You may need to give a little more information before you get usable responses.

You say you have been reasearching the AI. What methods have you looked at and why do those methods not fit your requirements?

I assume you want the AI to simulate a player, so that the game cane be played by 1 - 4 human players, is that correct?

What language are you looking to use? How many peices are involved and what is the game area like?

Until we know a little more about what you are looking for, it's very difficult to offer suggestions.

hello - first of all thank you for the support. I have all sorts of details that are all a little confusing to me and wasn't sure how to sort them out but here goes... I want to make the game using blender for the animation. It works well with python scripts. Now I think that I can use all that for a two person game. But I still need to see if I should use a brute force method for the computer ai or the minimaxtree method. When I thought of this idea I thought it would be much simpler' now I see how hard chess can really be!!! I might abandon this project idea and try to do a simple "tetris" version just to start. But if there are ideas on how to do my 4 way chess game please let me know.

All game-state exploration algorithms are basically the same; you just need to make yours aware of a different ruleset than plain old chess. There should be no reason you can't use a generic algorithm that is also being used for normal chess.