• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
aeroz

Problem with DevIL version ( ilGetInteger(IL_VERSION_NUM) and IL_VERSION )

This topic is 3786 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, a short question on DevIL: I have downloaded the 1.6.8 RC2 version of the Developer's Image Library. (it seems that the project is no more active since 2006?) I work with Visual Cpp 2008. The library runs fine and I was already able to load some textures to OpenGL. My problem is this:
if (ilGetInteger(IL_VERSION_NUM) < IL_VERSION)
{
    /* wrong DevIL version */
}

Even though I have downloaded only 1 version of the library the if statement is always true! When I code this:
ILint IL_version = ilGetInteger(IL_VERSION_NUM);
if ( IL_version < IL_VERSION )
{
    /* wrong DevIL version */
    printf("Wrong DevIL version!\nFound %i, need %i.", IL_version, IL_VERSION );
}

It tells me "Found 166, need 168". What have I done wrong? I've already thought on compiling the library myself but what could be the problem using the library just like that? That's what it says on the website:
Quote:
DevIL 1.6.8-RC2 for Windows (351 KB) This zip contains he .dll and include files-- good for a distribution, or a SDK.
Thank you for the help!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!