Sign in to follow this  

SiCrane is probably right, since to my knowledge it's the only one that implements the `export' keyword (allow separate declarations and definitions for templates).

I use gcc and I am not aware of any other departures from the standard. I think recent versions of VC++ have decent compliance too.

For gcc, the only other departure from the standard that I know of in recent versions (4.2+) that is not considered a bug is an obscure case involving destruction order of objects with static storage duration on platforms that don't support __cxa_atexit() involving dynamic libraries.

Quote:
Original post by alvaro
SiCrane is probably right, since to my knowledge it's the only one that implements the `export' keyword (allow separate declarations and definitions for templates).

I use gcc and I am not aware of any other departures from the standard. I think recent versions of VC++ have decent compliance too.

I agree that Comeau is the only fully compliant, but don't all EDG compilers (including Intel) support 'export'?

Quote:
Original post by rozz666
I agree that Comeau is the only fully compliant, but don't all EDG compilers (including Intel) support 'export'?

I don't believe so. I've heard that you can use the EDG front end to create a compiler that doesn't support export. At least one academic compiler I've read about is done that way, but I haven't used it myself. The only EDG front end compiler I've personally used is the Comeau compiler, so I can't say for certain.

Quote:
Original post by alvaro

Intel also supports export.