Sign in to follow this  
booom

formating a hard drive on Desktop(Help)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Ok I have a desktop running windows XP and when I try formating it in DOS it says are you sore, so I say yes. But then it says it cant becouse the volume is running can anyone help me. Thank you

You need to boot up the operating system from a device other than the hard-drive, such as from a floppy disk, CD or a different hard-drive.

[edit] I usually used my Win98 CD for this purpose, but nowa days everyone uses NTFS so that doesn't work anymore...

[Edited by - Hodgman on May 9, 2008 2:53:10 AM]

...cuz thar's a new sheriff in town!

I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST GAME!!!

Yes, it is just a console-based (or whatever you call that command-line doo-hicky) tic-tac-toe game, the code is a mockery of the C++ language, and it could use a LOT of polish, but, by Odin, it's A PLAYABLE (at least sorta) GAME!!!

Now on to make my super-cool Quake clone with thousands of weapons! ;)

Quote:
Original post by cyyt2008
...cuz thar's a new sheriff in town!

I JUST FINISHED MY FIRST GAME!!!

Yes, it is just a console-based (or whatever you call that command-line doo-hicky) tic-tac-toe game, the code is a mockery of the C++ language, and it could use a LOT of polish, but, by Odin, it's A PLAYABLE (at least sorta) GAME!!!

Now on to make my super-cool Quake clone with thousands of weapons! ;)
Uhh..... What?

What was that other person on about?

Ok back to the topic, I made a back up disk on a floppy disk, but when I use it I cant format the C hard drive it cant find it I think. But when I did it on windows it knows it is there( Sorry if I am not making sense).
So can any one help?