Music Files

Started by
1 comment, last by Evil Steve 15 years, 11 months ago
Hello, my is Darren Stevens and I am a young music entrepreneur from the Chicagoland area. I have a question regarding music files. I know what you're thinking...MUSIC FILES??? I have been told by many people that video game designers and programmers are the most knowledgeable people about this subject. Now, my question is; how possible is it to create a different type of music file (EX: MP3, MP4, WMA) that couldn't be duplicated or stolen as easy as it is to steal other music files?
Advertisement
I would say that it's impossible. You can make it very difficult, but at the end of the day, if someone want's to break it they will do so.

At the most basic level, if you can play it, then you can record it to some other format. Okay, it may lose some quality in the process, but it can still be done.
Don't bother.

If someone wants to steal your assets enough, then they'll find a way. There's various ways to get around it though, such as using whatever format you want in a custom data pack file or something, or if you feel like wasting hundreds of hours, you could make your own format and embed the player code into your app.

But it's really not worth the time and effort. This is what copyrights, etc are for.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement