Sign in to follow this  
MrZen

Want to learn game development?

I'm launching a series of books online teaching game development from the groundup from C plus plus, through Windows and 2D games, and finally to fully featured hardcore 3D games with HLSL shaders, sound and music, and advanced input devices. Totalling over 2000 pages the three books will be the ultimate guide to game development for every level of reader. Check out my website for more info: http://www.zengamebible.com/ Who the heck am I? I'm one of the developers behind Crackdown, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun, F1 Career Challenge, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and many other top selling games. I'm also the author of seven best selling books on game development. With these books you'll learn the secrets of developing cutting edge video games from the pros.

"What is the best game you’ll ever play?
The one you write yourself."

Totally not true, well at least not yet, I mean the first game I made and the latest ones are both maybe an hour of fun, but doesn't compare to the 100+ hours of fun I've had playing Blizzard/Valve games.

On a serious note, are these books going to be released on amazon? I just noticed your discount is around 20% but I've found on average amazon discounts is around the 35% mark, so I'd probably rather buy from amazon.

EDIT:nvm just saw that it's DVD only, which sucks as I do prefer dead trees

Learning how to program your own game engine and shaders using your computer's GPU sounds impressive, but I checked the prices and then I lost hope again.

I am praying for lower prices over time.

Sign in to follow this