Video Game Programming in India

Started by
2 comments, last by Aressera 15 years, 11 months ago
I want to ask that do you know of any private/govt institute in india which offers courses in video game programming, i am not looking for video game animation. I searched on few classifieds ad sites but couldn't find any institute. [Edited by - Sneftel on May 9, 2008 8:37:44 AM]
Every now and then Life gives you surprises. I was surprised to find a Cute Little Capuchin Monkey available for adoption at www.ClickIndia.com I never knew these kinds of exotic pets were available and liked by Indians in India.
Advertisement
Hi,

Thats a tricky one. I participated as the Scottish Student Ambassador for the Indian team in Dare To Be Digital last year and my teammates from India all studied at ICAT in Chennai.

From what I saw, it seems really nice BUT it is focused on animation with programming elements in the PostGrad courses. I would enquire though about any changes they have made as they were keen to add programming courses as time goes on. If you click on their newspaper ads u will see a pic of me :)

If you find a uni for your needs (and hopefully u will!) I would reccomend you apply for Dare To Be Digital www.daretobedigital.com. Every year they accept teams from India and China and pay you to work in Scotland for 10 weeks programming games. I found that in India people are only recently accepting Computer Arts as a future prospect and should soon jump on the Game Programming wagon :)

Hope that helps, I know its not easy but keep at it!
Thanks for prompt reply. Let me enquire about what you said,
Every now and then Life gives you surprises. I was surprised to find a Cute Little Capuchin Monkey available for adoption at www.ClickIndia.com I never knew these kinds of exotic pets were available and liked by Indians in India.
Think about getting a standard degree in Computer Science instead of trying to go to some special school for game programming. You will learn most of the skills you need in a standard CS program, and be more marketable for jobs in and outside of the game industry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement