wii vs sony vs xbox 360 sdk

Started by
7 comments, last by Ramsess 15 years, 11 months ago
Which SDK has more tools and libraries among wii, ps3 and xbox360?Also, any description and comparision between the three sdk offerings will be very useful. Thanks
Advertisement
As developers have to sign an NDA to get the SDK's I don't think anyone will be able to tell you. Your best bet is probably to look on their websites such as WarioWorld.
What ZeroSum said. Can't talk about it, sorry. :)

Notably the Xbox is the only one of the three that offers any kind of officially supported homebrew functionality (XNA Game Studio). So that's pretty much your only choice if you're not an established studio.
Orin Tresnjak | Graphics ProgrammerBethesda Game StudiosStandard Disclaimer: My posts represent my opinions and not those of Bethesda/Zenimax, etc.
Thanks for responding. I understand that NDA 's don't allow people to talk about details. I was wondering if I cut get a very basic high level understanding of the offereings of each SDK or at least the number of tools and libraries for each.
Thanks.
You may get some answers on the SN Systems website as they a source of developers tools.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

They pretty much have what you'd expect. A compiler suite, debugging and performance tools, tools to produce testing discs, docs, that sort of thing. It's not exactly earth shattering, at least from the high level.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Let me start by telling you how much I hate SN Systems and debugging for either the PS2 (especially) and the PS3. It makes me wonder how they manage to get so many titles out the door... not to mention that the PS2 is very moody too.

I have not done much development on the Wii yet, but I have been looking through our system guides for Wii development and the tools seem to be fairly decent to use, though there are some odd quirks when doing working with the nDev system.

I am going to probably go with XBOX being one of the easiest systems to work with, the XNA framework alone, even in its infancy, provides a great interface, and access to all your standard MS development tools which can assist you with development on the XBox. Also, they support homebrew (with a very small yearly subscription).
Um, what do you need the information for?
You're not going to get access to the dev kits for either console just like that
Be objective for count Game released and Engine released date for each platform.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement