Sign in to follow this  
ankhd

(Server OFFLine)Any one want to help test a network client app

Hi all. I'm making this post to see if anyone would be interested in testing my Client app,I just created with c++. the client app will try to connect to the server, all the client app is just a lobby, that will allow you to chat to all connected clients to the server and host a new game to all, the new game is only a data struct with game info for now(nothing will change on the clients app). I's going to be my base client code. The current client does not look like much but. The clients will need to test for. (1)try to create a new account. (2)see if you can log on with new account. (3)log off the server and try to log back on with wrong password. (4)Test the chat out across the clients. (5)and anything else you can think of that may but it(report back this but). Client app. the client app needed these file msvcr80.dll and 2 others Ive added them, But could someone tellme what I should really do with these dll's. app size 829.1 KB. windows system xp above.vista unknown try it DirectX. The client app will create a file on your system in the directory the client is in to hold your logon data so you dont need to keep typing name and passwords the file name is ClientLog.log For all who test the client app could you give some feed back on what it did or did not do. and could you pm me so I know when to start the server, It may not be running all the time as its on my computer but I'll be here for most of the day and night. Get Client app here Thanks all. [Edited by - ankhd on May 13, 2008 3:53:08 AM]

It doesn't run for me, it throws errors like:

Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT not found.
Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT.
Generate Activation Context failed for BaseClient.exe.

I think you released a debug version. Make a release build and attach the appropriate dependencies. You can't assume that everyone has VS2008 installed.

Sign in to follow this