For High School seniors...

Started by
14 comments, last by Spodi 15 years, 11 months ago
I was just curious to know what college you are going to and your major. Also what influenced your decision to go to that school as well. Just curious as not I'm not sure how many people are graduating on here.
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="88" height="70" id="H2lvl" align="middle"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.ironhive.com/CFCs/H2lvl.swf?gamertag=jBaddog" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> <embed src="http://www.ironhive.com/CFCs/H2lvl.swf?gamertag=jBaddog" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /> </object>
Advertisement
Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science. I've planned to go there since before high school, because it's awesome.

[Edited by - cowsarenotevil on May 9, 2008 11:41:50 PM]
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Not certain yet, but it's looking like it'll be UBC for me, doing Computing Science. Main influences were its proximity and reputation. I got accepted already, just got to finish up these dratted IB exams.

Any other IB'rs on here?
I was accepted at the University of Cincinnati, University of Louisville, and Morehead State University. I'll be going to Morehead State due to the fact that I managed to get a scholarship for full tuition and room and board. The others gave me scholarships of some sort ($2,000 at UC and In-State tuition rates at U of L since I live out of state) but the only one that made me feel like they really cared if I chose them was MSU. There were so friendly that it made U of L seem very snobby and UC seem very stingy. I think that since it's a smaller school they can really care more about individuals, and the fact that I felt that just visiting there hopefully says a lot about the experience I'll have. I'll be studying computer science.
Quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
Carnegie Mellon University School of Computer Science. I've planned to go there since before high school, because it's awesome.

Nice, CMU SCS class of '11 here. We are awesome! [smile]
Well I have been lurking these forums for awhile now and I've burned out on gamedevíng personally but still like to peruse the articles and interesting topics that especially come out of the gdnet thread...

Imma headed to Northwestern University for pre-med concentration. But I really think it would be interesting to further some programming background as a really useful and applicable skill even in that field.....!
Well I'm not a high school senior any more, but I'm still in university [leave of absence]. I went to Queensland University of Technology in the first year of their Bachelor of Games and Interactive Entertainment, majoring in Game Design and minoring in Computational Art and Computer Animation.
Quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil

I was going to go here, but I decided to go the University of Missouri first for a bit since it's a lot closer to home and I know several people going there, which will ease my transition into college life.

I'll be majoring in computer science and mathematics.

I plan on going to graduate school, and I will definitely have my eyes on CMU when that time comes.
I'm going to Champlain college in my local city of Burlington Vermont. I originally wanted to attend for either their game design major, then switched to their game programming major, and now have finally made my decision that I don't want to pursue a career in game development at all. Instead, I'm going for Psychology which I've realized interests me even more than games. I'll still teach myself Maya and coding so I can be active in the gaming community, but I don't see it as something I want to do most of my life.
Quote:Original post by Taran Shiro
I'm going to Champlain college in my local city of Burlington Vermont. I originally wanted to attend for either their game design major, then switched to their game programming major, and now have finally made my decision that I don't want to pursue a career in game development at all. Instead, I'm going for Psychology which I've realized interests me even more than games. I'll still teach myself Maya and coding so I can be active in the gaming community, but I don't see it as something I want to do most of my life.

I almost applied there. I decided it was too far away from home and a bit pricey, but the school really seemed impressive!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement