PHP question...

Started by
3 comments, last by Hodgman 15 years, 11 months ago
If I'm writing PHP for a MySQL server... Do I write the code directly into the server Command Line? Or do I write it on something like notepad and import it?
Advertisement
You write in a word proccessor, such as Notpad, save it with a .php extension, upload to your site, and whenever someone accesses it, the server will automaticly parse it.
Thank you...
I'm still pretty new to PHP...
Umm...
Is there a way to test it out if I don't have a website yet?
download the apache web server, there are TONS of tutorials on how to set the two up together.

they're part of the free system LAMP (Linux, Apache, mySQL and PHP)

apache basicly turns your computer into a web server, also is you're using windows there's... ISS? i think thats what it's called, its the microsoft web server
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
Quote:Original post by godsenddeath
they're part of the free system LAMP (Linux, Apache, mySQL and PHP)

apache basicly turns your computer into a web server, also is you're using windows there's... ISS? i think thats what it's called, its the microsoft web server

Or WAMP (Windows, Apache, mySQL and PHP)...

I use a WAMP-style setup and home and it's great. Screw ISS ;)

After getting Apache installed (and getting it to play nice with mod_PHP5), you just save your page to the web-server's directory (something like C:\program files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs) and open up your browser and can view your PHP pages by typing in something like: http://localhost/mytestpage.php

[EDIT] If you don't like the idea of installing Apache/PHP/MySQL yourself (and configuring them to all work together), then google should be able to locate you an all-in-one installer, such as this one.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement