atlbase.h

Started by
2 comments, last by Surgery 15 years, 11 months ago
Hey all, I'm using VC++ Express so it doesn't come with the ATL libraries. But the tutorials I am following use it for the CA2W macro. I did some searching and it seems like it used to come with the Windows SDK for free. I downloaded the windows SDK and no atlbase.h that I could find. I was wondering if there was anywhere I could get the ATL, I've looked on the microsoft website and found nothing. Or maybe another way to do what CA2W does with out the ATL (if i understand correctly is converts a normal string to a wide string). Thanks.
Advertisement
Assuming you want to use a char* in a Direct3D function, you can use the 'A' version of function instead of converting to widechar. For example, use D3DXCreateTextureFromFileA to provide a char* filename.

I hope that's what you want. IIRC there's also a Win32 equivalent to CA2W, but I don't remember it offhand.
CA2W is a wrapper around the Win32 MultiByteToWideChar-function, with some extra sugar that handles the memory allocation for you.

Or, if you don't need the Unicode support, you can turn that off (Project Properties -> Character Set) and drop the CA2W
Awesome. D3DXCreateTextureFromFileA() worked perfectly. Thanks for the replies both of you, much appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement