Sign in to follow this  

Free flash game library?

This topic is 3502 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for something like gamemaker for flash--does such a thing exist? Barring that I'll probably try to use this as a template for something. I don't need "serious" flash game development (I'm happy enough to do "serious" development in C++/SDL/OpenGL); I'd just like to use some sort of framework that does the heavy lifting and lets me play around. I've played with mtasc and swfmill some (made a little simon says game for my webdev company), but my code for that is definitely not a good basis for anything else ;) I did find one weird thing that claims to convert exe's to web games (but only if they're "windows" versus "fullscreen" things), but ... I don't trust it enough to even try the demo. ;) And it requires activex. ("web game builder")

while doing research for a similiar project at awork i can came across

http://www.flashsandy.org/

which is a simple library. follow the tutorials, and you will be able to put together a simple yet nice demo

it also comes with a maxscript exporter that exports to the sandy format

Quote:
Original post by NiteLordz
while doing research for a similiar project at awork i can came across

http://www.flashsandy.org/

which is a simple library. follow the tutorials, and you will be able to put together a simple yet nice demo

it also comes with a maxscript exporter that exports to the sandy format

That looks a lot more impressive than I was thinking, which is exciting :heh: I hadn't realized 3d had come so far in flash. I was thinking something more traditional 2d flash-vector stuff, but this is pretty high on my list to play with, now :)

Thanks!

This topic is 3502 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.