WarCraft 3 model loader

Started by
11 comments, last by ibebrett 15 years, 11 months ago
I found a model loader a while back that would load the models, but, well, it wouldn't animate them and I can't seem to find it again. Going on hour 4 of Googling to no avail. Anyone able to provide a link to one? I'm using OpenGL. NeHe's basecode in particular, in Visual Studio 2005. The one I used seemed to work pretty well minus the animation... was easy to use. Looking for something like it Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Guess that's a no
well , it takes 1-2 minutes to find one , just keep using google
You mean you couldn't find the "War3 Model Editor" complete with source code as the second link on the second page of Google when using "WarCraft 3 model loader" as a search string via the "Masters of Map Making" hit?

Well hope it helps you out.

Andy

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"

"Life is short, [the] craft long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgement difficult."

Quote:Original post by NineYearCycle
You mean you couldn't find the "War3 Model Editor" complete with source code as the second link on the second page of Google when using "WarCraft 3 model loader" as a search string via the "Masters of Map Making" hit?

Well hope it helps you out.

Andy

In his defence, no I didn't find that either while searching "the web" on google.co.uk. When I changed it to search "pages from the UK" I found the link you posted, although I had to go to another result first and it was linked from that page.
Progress is born from the opportunity to make mistakes.

My prize winning Connect 4 AI looks one move ahead, can you beat it? @nickstadb
I just used www.google.com opened the page and followed the link where it said, 30 seconds work. I know that sometimes you can be searching for something with Google and not find it for hours. Maybe my Google-Fu is a bit more practised after all these years [Grin]

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"

"Life is short, [the] craft long, opportunity fleeting, experiment treacherous, judgement difficult."

Gotta love how everyone managed to Google that, but nobody managed to read that I'm looking for something that works in OpenGL. I found that one, like you did, after about 30 seconds. It's DirectX

Appreciate the pretentious comments though, how about something useful now?
How about you've got the loader and that's all you need? It loads vertices, normals, tex-coords etc you just need to display them. You already spent 4 hours searching Google for the easy answer to something that would only take you 2 hours to write.

There's nothing special about vertices, normals, tex-coords in DX that mean you can't use them in OpenGL. And if you're not actually interested in it as a modeller or editor then you must be after the code and you've just been handed that.

Andy

Also sorry for the pretentious tone but you didn't ask for OpenGL code you asked for WarCraft3 model loading code.

You stated that you're using OpenGL, Nehe base code but honestly if you're actually looking for someone who has written a WarCraft3 model loader using OpenGL and Nehe base code your seriously narrowing your potentially successful search parameters as people are unlikely to have written exactly the thing that you're looking for.

Take something that works and adapt it to your needs. It's basic and essential programming practice.

Andy

It doesn't need to be NeHe, just OpenGL. I said that as an aside. Rewriting my entire project to use DirectX (especially when I'm using OpenGL so that it can be cross platform) makes no sense; considering I managed to find one that loaded them in OpenGL before.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement