Sign in to follow this  

[SOLVED] [FMOD and C++] How can I access class vars from an endcallback func.

This topic is 3504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody! Can you help me? I asked this question in fmod forum but nobody asked me :( I'm doing a CSound class which has a function to play files. This function calls open and play, but doesn't close the file played. Using ret=FSOUND_Stream_SetEndCallback(handle, endcallback, 0); and a C function I close the file played when it is over. My problem is that I would like to add a flag to my PlayFile method, something like "only_one_instance_at_the_same_time" to avoid or allow what you are thinking So my idea is that, if that file is true, add the current file to a list in my class, and remove when is over, using this I can avoid playing a file if that flag is true, just look the file in my list. The problem is that after playing the file , I have to remove it from my list, but as my endcallback function is C (not C++) I cannot access to member atributes in my class. So my question is, how can I access to class attributes from a C function OR how can I create a end callback function using C++ and use it with FMOD (in order to access to my attributes)? Thank you very much for your help. [Edited by - riruilo on May 13, 2008 3:51:26 PM]

Your list in your class should be made static then your callback function could access it by doing

CSound::m_list...

if you dont want to declare the callback function as friend you can also add a static metod on top that acess the list and deletes the sound

i think you get the point

This topic is 3504 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.