PSP Programming tool(s)

Started by
8 comments, last by yaustar 15 years, 9 months ago
can i ask if what is the best tools to use in programming games in the psp??? i need opinion on people who have tried this things...im interested on the API used to make this href="http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=493921">game or if you know any API or software tools capable of making this kind of game(or better) then that would be great!!!! im looking for an easy to learn API or tool(s).thanks!!!!(oh and preferably in windows but if the one in linux is better then its ok)
Advertisement
They're using a homebrew solution.

How about you ask the person who was making that game? Their email address is exactly one mouse click away from the link you gave. Their project home page is two mouse clicks away.

Finding that contact info may be one of the easiest things you do as part of the project. To make it a more meaningful task I won't include the actual link to that user's page, but tell you to go look at their page and just click on the poster's name.

The official tools are available to developers through the their own channels. They are protected by NDA and lots of other agreements, and you won't get your hands on them unless you are working on a major game.
Try the PSP Toolchain from ps2dev.org, you will need to install Cygwin first on Windows (read the toolchain readme for a list of cygwin required packages).
thanks Kwizatz!!!

@frob im not just asking about the tools they(the one who programmed the game above) used but also im asking if there are better ones too and easier to use
Installing the PSP Toolchain and Cygwin can take ages and I am pretty lazy, that is why I much prefer the PSP Devkit on Jetcube.eu [smile]

It works great with the free Visual C++ 2008 Express and all you really need to do is add a makefile to your solution and change the LIBS flags in the makefile depending on what libraries you need (such as -lstdc++)

Regards,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
wow compatibility on vis 2008 that's great!!!! thanks!!!

i'll look at this also(hope it has lots of tutorials)
is there any easier way of setting up your development environment for the psp
than this one

i saw
jetcube's
but when i read all of it it turns out that its also confusing

are there any easier way than this two or is this the only way of setting up your dev environment for developing games in the psp
Not really. Jetcube's precompiled package is arguably the easiest out of the two you mentioned. However, there is a VMWare image of a Linux distribution that has everything setup out of the box.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

but does both tools ive mentioned capable of doing the same things...is jet's tools able to utilize sdl??? cause i hear that there is a tool that can utilize sdl when making games for the psp( so that when i learn sdl i can use it both in pc and psp,hitting two birds in one stone =) )
There should be a 'devpak' for Jet's SDK to download that will have the libraries you need for SDL.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement