My journal for the making of Castle Underwe

Started by
9 comments, last by eedok 15 years, 10 months ago
I made a game in a week, and detailed the development of it here the link for the game is here As for what the game is, it's a minimal 2D RPG, consisting of just a single attribute, which is playable at your own pace.
Advertisement
Lawl at the ending track. :P

Was an interesting approach to this kind of game. Though I think it would've been a lot more challenging if monsters could move diagonally. I could always run to the safe room no problem if a monster that could kill me was right next to me.

Either way, good job. :)
NetGore - Open source multiplayer RPG engine
I was looking to make sure that if the player died it was the players fault, and not my fault for making impossible situations.
Hah, fun! I couldn't figure it out at first a few days a go, but now it makes sense and is actually fun! Great work, especially for 5 days!
Just made a couple updates

Changed the AI so when they swarm you they all attack, and added a move counter to add replayability.
Good game!
Cool little game, but I found that most of the time all I needed to do was stand in one spot and hold down space and the monsters would just charge to their deaths as I constantly restored power.
In the beginning that should be okay, but in theory the diminishing returns on the recharge rate should kill you if you continue doing that later on.
damn, that's a nice little game! was pretty pissed at the beggining (simply cos' i sucked) but once i got the hang of it it's a really good game, cool how the enemies get stronger as you get towards the right place (sort of like a hot and cold game that was played as kids :) )

Even more amazing is that you managed to make it in a week. Nice work :)
Thanks for the feedback! I've altered the game now, and ported everything but the fonts to flash so it's now playable on the web at a noticeably smaller filesize as well.

play the flash version

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement