Forcing on Anti-Aliasing

Started by
6 comments, last by Andrew Kabakwu 15 years, 11 months ago
my 3D app currently have no Anti-Aliasing, however when i go to my graphics card control panel i can force a certain level of Anti-Aliasing for all 3d aplications. This works perfectly fine for my 3d app but i dont want to change stuff in my graphics card settings for my app to work like i want it to. instead how can i force on Anti-Aliasing in my program itself i have a ATI card and i use java with the jogl wrapper (dont think this makes any difference though)
Advertisement
This is off the top of my head, so I'm not sure how correct it is:

glHint( GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH_HINT, GL_NICEST );//optional, tell it to use it's best AA algorithmglEnable(GL_POLYGON_SMOOTH); //turn on AA
it doesnt have any effect

not on my app at least.. maybe jogl has issues with AA
Quote:Original post by Hodgman
This is off the top of my head, so I'm not sure how correct it is:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***

That will enable local anti-aliasing, which is rather slow compared to actual FSAA (Full Screen Anti-Aliasing) and this, I believe, is actually what the OP wants, since controlling AA from the CCC is mentioned.
Although I cannot remember how to enable FSAA with JOGL, I can tell you that it is usually applied/requested when creating the OpenGL context, since FSAA requires multiple extra frame-buffers for the sampling.
Are you using Windows?
If so, you have to turn on Multisampling for your app.

This is a tutorial at NeHe
so i gues its more than 2 lines of code. if someone could maybe just link me a nice tutorial/example i would apreciate it, unles of course you want to explain it to me :p

thnx
ive already tried that code.. i dont know how to get that from c++ to java and there isnt a java port for it alerady which led me to believe that that way wont work with jogl at all
Simple google search of "Multisample Jogl" lead to this

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement