Sign in to follow this  
akira32

When does the surface UnlockRect

akira32    112
Can I timely let surface UnlockRect after LockRect. Is the "<==position1" surface UnlockRect postion correct? Does it have any probelm about the pointer of "lrect_New.pBits"?
	HRESULT hr;

LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 pDestSurface_New;
	D3DLOCKED_RECT lrect_New;
	D3DSURFACE_DESC Desc;

m_QVSM_pShadowMapSurf_Common->GetDesc(&Desc);
	V(m_pd3dDevice->CreateOffscreenPlainSurface(Desc.Width,Desc.Height,Desc.Format,D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM,&pDestSurface_New,NULL));//Must be D3DPOOL_SYSTEMMEM for MSDN
	V(m_pd3dDevice->GetRenderTargetData(m_QVSM_pShadowMapSurf_Common,pDestSurface_New));

hr=pDestSurface_New->LockRect(&lrect_New,NULL,D3DLOCK_NO_DIRTY_UPDATE|D3DLOCK_READONLY);
	//hr=pDestSurface_New->UnlockRect();//<==position1

for (LONG y=0;y<(LONG)Desc.Height;y++)
	{
		DWORD dwOffset = y*Desc.Width;

for (LONG x=0;x<(LONG)Desc.Width;x++)
		{
			//float dwColor_New = ((float*)lrect_New.pBits)[y*(lrect_New.Pitch/sizeof(float))+x];//Y*Width+X
			float dwColor_New = ((float*)lrect_New.pBits)[y*Desc.Width+x];//Y*Width+X
			int c=12;
		}
	}

hr=pDestSurface_New->UnlockRect();//<==position2

SAFE_RELEASE(pDestSurface_New);

jollyjeffers    1570
As far as I'm aware you cannot access the locked pointer outside of the lock itself - if it works then I'd be inclined to call "undefined behaviour". Test it with the RefRast and debug runtimes to be sure.

For this sort of design, especially if you're throwing the data off to a worker thread, it would be common to have a LockRect(), memcpy_s() then UnlockRect() pattern. Once you've grabbed yourself a copy of the locked data you can release the pointer, the lock and do whatever the hell you want with it [smile]

hth
Jack