Linx0r demo now available

Started by
2 comments, last by Besome Games 15 years, 11 months ago
Hey everyone, That game I occasionally talk about on here is now finished. I'm waiting for my tech guy to whip up installers before we put it up for sale and put the demo on the website, but for the tech savy a .zip is already available. If you want to play it you can download it from Linx0r Demo Inside the .zip you fill find a file called vcredist_x86.exe. You MUST install this first, it is the official Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable that the game requires to run. DirectX9 is also required. Once you install it double click Linx0r.exe to play. It defaults to windowed, but you can change that in the options menu. I hope to god to make some money off this, as im poor as **** and could REALLY use it. I put alot of time and effort into this so, if you know anyone who you think would like the game please let them know. Either way, comments are always welcome :) Media Video 1 Video 2 Video 3 Linx0r Homepage Besome Games Homepage
Advertisement
Looks polished. It might not be a bad idea to host your videos on youtube. Its free publicity, easier for people to watch (streams), and cuts the bandwidth usage on your server quite well.

Other then that, best of luck. Your entering a really saturated segment of the inde market though, so dont set your hopes too high.
Linx0r turned out to be a great project. Mark did an excellent job of using my libraries to build it. I imagine it was an excellent learning experience for him too, actually finishing a game and then starting the process of taking it to market really shows you a side of game development that most developers never get to.

As I see it there are a few reasons Linx0r turned out so good (and was finished). The first being simplicity, as I mentioned the libraries I built which were used for Linx0r are very simple (the Direct3D based 2D graphics library has only 9 functions in it's interface.) Not having to worry about the sticky details of the underlying implementations of basic game structure, graphics and audio gave Mark the focus to work on the game itself. The second being delegation, Mark worked with an artist to produce the graphics for Linx0r, further freeing him up to worry about gameplay mechanics.

The full version of Linx0r should be avaliable online soon for purchase, hopefully those of you who enjoy a bit of casual fun will help support the indie community.

Congrats Mark you did a fine job :)

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Quote:Original post by PaulCesar
Looks polished. It might not be a bad idea to host your videos on youtube. Its free publicity, easier for people to watch (streams), and cuts the bandwidth usage on your server quite well.

Other then that, best of luck. Your entering a really saturated segment of the inde market though, so dont set your hopes too high.

Yea fortunatly I get unlimited bandwidth so linking directly to the movies don't seem like that big of a deal. I do know that the market for this genre is really saturated but I appreciate the comments about it being polished and such. Makes me happy to hear nice things like that!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement