Sign in to follow this  
Grey_Havoc

Web Based Game Engines?

Grey_Havoc    122
So, I just go this web server that has a ton of bandwidth and a ton of space to host my graphic design portfolio and I need to do something else with it because its just wasting space and my money. Does anyone know of a game engine for online games? Something that works with javascript/AJAX, mySQL, HTML, PHP, Flash, etc? I want to increase my web and game development skills and figured this would be the funnest way of doing it. I'm looking for something that can handle user information, keep high-scores, and include multiplayer support as the bare necessities. Thanks!

Teller1337    100
Simple solution is to learn PHP and take the time to learn how to use PHP and Mysql if you want to add graphics into the game, simple Adobe or Flash. Some good tools to learn and languages in order to make interactive web games which is pretty much a database and a PHP like language to access the database and do the math and input from html.

kabab    168
Unless i miss understood your question if your looking for a web enabled game engine www.virtools.com might be worth checking out...