Sign in to follow this  
Nebu

Moving enviorment, need some suggestions

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm working on a simple 3d game in C\C++, my first actually, and the enviorment I'm currently working in is very limited, in graphics,graph modes,colors and memory. I really want to get going with my project and was hoping someone could recommend me on libaries which will meet my needs and not be too much. I'm looking for the following: Graphics - a small basic libary handling colors,draws and fills. Graph modes - small libary which would let me work with decent graph modes with more than 256 colors,800x600 resolution and pages. Math - handling necessary math functions, though vector/matrix/quaternions classes could be nice. As for the enviorment, I just need a decent program that will allow me to compile and debug and work with C\C++. Suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

SDL for colors, draws, and fills (not sure how it does on resource consumption though)

If you're on a windows machine, #include <math> for an assortment of math functions.

Can't help ya on graphs though.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply cal. I've been reading a bit on SDL and it looks promising, probably contains more than I need though I'll manage.

setting up sdl atm, though I'd love to get more suggestions.thanks again.