Best way to track game features on the fly

Started by
2 comments, last by Hodgman 15 years, 11 months ago
Hello, This is my first post here so sorry if it's a question that may have been asked 100 times over. I'm about to get involved with my brothers game in progress and i'll be the main designer for the project. I'm wondering if there is a software that will allow me to type in the features of the game quickly and easily and allow me to modify on the fly. I have a ton of ideas for the game but they are all in my head and i'd like to put them down on paper but it just gets sloppy and confusing that way (same with notepad). Thanks for any tips!
Advertisement
The problem my designers and I found with using a text editor for our design docs, was after 40-50 pages, it gets REALLY difficult to navigate for a variety of obvious reasons. We now use wikis as a solution.

If you have your own server, I'd suggest installing MediaWiki (the basic software behind Wikipedia). Otherwise, look into a already hosted one like pbwiki.

Cheers.
Nice I was thinking of doing the wiki approach, it can also help for doc files / faq's after release. Thank you :)
I use Trac for bug-tracking, which also happens to have a Wiki built-in. So now I use the wiki for sporadic/fast-changing documentation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement