Sign in to follow this  

libcurl non existing page problem

This topic is 3497 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i am using the fopen() URL example http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/fopen.c and i added a few functions for more power (such as fopen with post data). Right now, if i try to open a page that doesnt exist. I do get a handle back. When i do feof() it isnt an EOF, when i do fgets, it locks up in what i assume is a endless loop. (I am debugging with msvc, and i built with mingw as a dll to my fopen func and the easy interface). How and where should i put in a check to see if the url exist? or a timeout? or anything to prevent this from locking up?

What i said was a bit off. After doing url_fopen i attempt to read the page. This locks up when i call url_fread. If the page exist, it works as expected.

while(!ufile->url_feof(f))
{
static char page[1024*1024];
int n = ufile->url_fread(page, 1, sizeof(page),f);
printf("%s", page);
}

Found the solution. Keep in mind i am using the fopen example as my code base.

The code has a timeout but its in an infinite loop which makes it repeat itself. So if the error is -1 or 0 ('ok') i set still_running to 0. otherwise it will run default which calls multi. It works perfectly, i am able to dl images/bins files and haven't ran into a problem with it yet. But i haven't done much testing

This topic is 3497 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.