Sign in to follow this  

Online high score server free for open source/indie dev use

This topic is 3498 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If you’ve seen me post the exact same thing on another forum or two, please don’t hate me. This is free-as-in-beer software, and I am looking for ways to improve this project. For a while, I have wanted to have online scorekeeping functionality in my games. Earlier this week, I thought to myself, “Surely there is existing code for this. After all, it’s not a terribly difficult thing to do.” I looked - nothing. So I learned PHP/MySQL last Tuesday and finished the current version a few hours ago. Current feature set: -Sets up a table in a preexisting MySQL database -Easily add and retrieve score data via HTTP -Basic (very, very basic) authentication so people don’t buck the system too often -Handy script to insert a score display into your PHP-enabled web site -Python library! To do: -Expand the documentation -SQLite support -Write libraries for other languages I could *really* use some pointers with regards to the documentation. I’m afraid it will be too hard for a relative newbie to understand it. I would also like some theoretical PHP expert to look over my code with a critical eye, as I only learned the language two days ago. Also, if people could write ~50-line libraries in their favorite languages to use with this, it could become a neat little open source thing. For now, it’s under my home-grown ‘indie license’: noncommercial or <=3 people on a team. See an example and download it at the temporary location listed below. I welcome feedback of any kind. http://chstest.site88.net/

Sign in to follow this