Warzone 2D

Started by
3 comments, last by at_lowe 15 years, 11 months ago
I'm currently working on a new game...almost complete, except for *some* GFX (bots, maps) but all source code done and running properly. Demo available. It's a fully customisable top-down (but included isometric support) 2D shooter in the vain of desert strike/syndicate, etc. Fully expandable, meaning new weapons, bots, maps, tilesets, interfaces, skins easily added, with full in-game tutorials on how to do so. I'm looking for some artists to make some bots/maps for the final product. So, head over to warzone2d.tripod.com for full info and download demo (you will need to play tutorial to unlock full game types...please don't comment until you've complete tutorial and checked out how the game plays [CTF for example]) Comments welcomed.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by at_lowe
please don't comment until you've complete tutorial and checked out how the game plays

Just try and stop me. [wink]

Looks like a fun and well made game. I haven't got the time to complete the full tutorial now, but I'll look into it later.
Nice. The wording during the tutorial seems lengthy. It locked up on me during the second part of the tutorial. Nothing I can tell you to make it reproduce though.
yeah, sorry bout the freezing, does that intermittently...i haven't found the cause of it yet! lots of possibilities for it doing that. most of the time it seems to run without probs though, so it's one of those real painful bugs.

the wording seems lengthy? hmmm...perhaps you are smarter than average so don't require to be 'babied' with long descriptions!
I prefer the term 'thorough' rather than lengthy, but you're probably right!
the game shines when played in CTF mode with lots of bots.
that's why I encourage ppl to comment after the tutorial and having played CTF for awhile! It's impossible to get a real feel for the game while still in tute mode.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement